Sales tax rates can vary within a state and even within a city or county. As ecommerce grows in the US, the tax regulations continue to change and new laws continue to go in to effect. TaxCloud is a free service that maintains an accurate, up-to-date database of tax rates and applies the correct rate to every purchase based on the exact customer address.
Presto-Changeo is an authorized PrestaShop developer for TaxCloud and this module has been tested and approved by TaxCloud.
Some additional info on TaxCloud's service:
- - Calculates sales tax in real time for every state, county, city, and special jurisdiction in the US
- - Automatically files sales tax returns* (not available for all States)
- - Prepares monthly state-by-state reports on sales tax collected
- - Monitors changes to tax rates and tax holidays and updates data accordingly
- - Manages sales tax exemption certificates
- - TaxCloud is the only free certified sales tax management service.
- - TaxCloud has been tested and certified by state revenue departments and an independent review board.
To take advantage of all the features TaxCloud offers (see above and the related screenshots), this module comes with the following features:
Select when to send tax information to TaxCloud based on the order status you select (one or multiple order statuses can be a trigger), or select an unused order status if you prefer not to send your information.
Assign products, one at a time, by category, or all at once, to Taxability Identifiation Codes (TIC). Or assign a TIC to a specific product.
To assign all products to the same TIC, simply select a default code in the module's configuration page.
Create an XML log of all requests and responses to and from TaxCloud.
Removed AdminOrdersController override requirement
Update for PS 184.108.40.206+
Optimized API calls.
Bug fix when "All order statuses" was selected.